Friday’s itinerary went something like this:
- · Wake up at 8:30 a.m. Be able to sleep IN because of fancy light-blocking shades.
- · Be leisurely. No rushing breakfast, no rushing to find driving directions, no rushing, period.
- · Intend to drive to Malibu to get to the beach. Instead, go the wrong way and end up asking a postman for directions.
- · Get recalibrated and drive to El Matador Beach in Malibu. Admire scenic California highways.
|Exhibit 1: On the way to Malibu!|
- · Arrive at El Matador. Find perfect spot on the shore.
- · Run into freezing cold water, mostly just to say you did.
|Exhibit 2: In freezing cold water!|
- · Look at cool rocks and birds.
- · Drive back to Thousand Oaks.
- · Go on super long hike through hills and dales and valleys and to waterfalls, all the while panting behind your boyfriend’s dad, who is clearly in way better shape than you are.
|Exhibit 3: Waterfall in Wildwood Park|
|Exhibit 4: I think we walked this entire thing. (It felt like it, at least!)|
- · Be concerned about hiking Mt. Olympus. Decide to “train.”
- · Grill for dinner. Be proud of the amount of knowledge you actually have about cooking, including meat. Girls at the Grill power, man!