To say it was a dream come true–writing a guidebook, getting to travel and work–is not an understatement. I’d say it’s just a regular statement, really, an a true one at that. Costa Rica was a blast, and eventually you’ll hear a lot more about my bumblings there. The photo above is a little peek into the daily ridiculousness I got to partake in. (Partake of? Just partake? Someone help me out here…)
But to be honest, I’m feeling overwhelmed with the backlog that I have from my Eurotrip & Triumphant Return Stateside (you still haven’t heard about Scorsese stuff in Berlin! And my epic week in Boston that included but was not limited to day drinking, Freedom Trailing and eating my weight in desserts! And so much more!).
Not to mention my next endeavors, which include a big move to Pittsburgh for graduate school (!!!), where I will happily play local tourist and include you on all the insight and info I gather as I settle into the Steel City. This summer I also anticipate doing a number of I Heart Tucsons, too, seeing as it’s possibly my last summer there ( another !!!).
Rather than playing catch up right now, though, which is also a terrifying thought considering the fact that I have the rest of A BOOK to write, I figured I’d share with you my current doings. Literally. As in, what I’ve been doing this evening INSTEAD of writing this book because I have been having trouble focusing, what with all the life changes and all. Plus, the internet is just so INTERNETISTING! (See what I did there?)
Things I did today other than work:
- read this rad blog and wished I were this girl’s friend IRL
- get distracted by the Heart List on my buddy Tarreyn’s blog, which led to…
- checking my secret birthday language and deciding that it hardly matched me and only further confirmed my far-fetched but staunch belief fostered in my earlier years that my horoscope is right (what up, Capricorns!)
- and watching Ryan Gosling refuse cereal on vine
- read about this Adecco scandal and how the hijacked an identity, brand and job of a hardworking blogger (see original post here and check out one of the articles about what you can do about it)
- started reading about the Snowden scandal that is one of many scandals in my ToReadAndGetBetterInformedAbout pile, which is lofty from months of travel and recent apathy to news
- watched my friend Greg get interviewed on DJ Deejay TV (it’s a miracle I didn’t springboard into another hour of just YouTube)
- opened my Microsoft Word doc window and then…
- drank a chai latte #yum
- laughed at this thingamajigger on the Oatmeal and mourn the purportedly poor adaptation of World War Z, which is a really incredible book, beeteedubs
- read my friend’s honeymoon blog and contemplated French cuisine and how it would taste/its presence in my belly
- watched the Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky” video
- made this list
Ok. Time to open my Microsoft Word doc window again.